BASICS OF GROUNDED THEORY
… unit of analysis is the concept. the goal is to:
- identify concepts that are important for understanding the situation;
- work to understand these concepts more deeply (variation, relationships, …);
- build some structure and fill in details.
.. iterative data collection/selection sampling:
- let concepts in evolving theory drive the sampling;
- where might you find exception or variation?
- where is theory most thin? (add density)
- where might I find answers?
- going back to data is a form of sampling;
- when to stop: when saturated.
~tagging / labelling
In coding we apply codes to words or phrases in data.